Friday, July 27, 2007

Mother knows best?

My mom always told me not to eat food off of the ground... but I must have fewer standards than most people because I can't get enough of it!

Ever since my mango incident, Chris and I have been eating fallen mangoes a couple times a week. And yesterday, I saw about five grapefruits just rolling down a hill. I happened to be going up the opposite direction so I stopped my car and tried to chase them! Unfortunately, they were too quick - and when I saw another car coming I felt too embarrassed to continue (plus, I don't even really like grapefruit, I was just in it for the thrill of the chase). So I trudged back up to my car empty-handed.

Harry and Erin come to visit in a few days, though, and since there are tons of wild chickens around my plan is for them to hunt for their dinner. Chris thinks it'd be harder than it looks. But I don't know... Harry's pretty speedy! Max and Jed will visit later on, and since I have so many brothers, I think the only fair way to decide who I love most is by how many chickens they each bring me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny you mention chickens. A new Outreach contact of ours is a farmer and giving us 15 chickens for the needy. We have to wait until it is a bit cooler because the butcher will not work in the heat. Maybe we will learn to catch a chicken too!
K