Yesterday I slipped on a mango. I had never actually seen anyone slip on fruit before, except in those slapstick movies where there's an abundance of men in bowler hats and banana peels, but they can be some slippery little suckers! I imagine I looked pretty funny on my way down because it was a pretty serious fall... today both of my knees are bruised (btw...you can imagine how LOVELY my legs are considering that my kool-aid dunk tan is now starting to peel as well). I was walking with James (our neighbor) down our street, up talking one second, down on all fours the next. I didn't even know what hit me because I wasn't really aware that mangoes were an additional threat to my general safety and wellbeing.
But, man, it really feels like paradise when there are so many luscious, mouth-watering mangoes lying in the streets that you have to be vigilant about them!
This morning I picked two off of the tree so Chris and I could have them for breakfast... life is sweet.
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I laughed out loud--especially, since I LOVE mangoes!
so freakin funny.
Are you kidding?!?!
I'm beginning to think that Hawaii is a really dangerous place!
That is just too funny! Be careful!
" I was walking with James (our neighbor) down our street, up talking one second, down on all fours the next. I didn't even know what hit me "
i think chris should beware of neighbor james.... just kiddding!!!!
you make me giggle.
is this some kind of when life gives you mangoes eat them for breakfast lesson (like lemons and lemonade?)
Post a Comment