Monday, August 27, 2007

Ariel, you’re brilliant!

I met a new friend named Ariel! It’s been absolutely fabulous because now I can walk around telling everyone how great Ariel is and they think I’m just being nice talking about the other Ariel when I’m really talking about how awesome I am. It’s a completely acceptable way to say everything I’ve always wanted to say about myself! I just complement her (and myself) all day long...

“Oh, Ariel, you’re too cute – you’re the absolute best!”
“Doesn’t Ariel look gorgeous tonight?”
“Ariel, my God, you’re so funny!”

We spell our names the same way... the only difference is that her parents are thespians (no, Jed, not lesbians) and named her after the Shakespearean character while mine were hippies and named me after the Jewish pothead in the Dean Friedman song below. (In a way it was nice that my parents had such low hopes for me because it was very easy to impress them - there was really no place to go in their estimation but up.)

Even though the other Ariel is much better looking we’re both blond and short and the really funny thing is that a lot of our mutual friends thought we were the same person until last week. At James's barbecue they freaked out when they saw us together. Ramseys spent ten minutes just staring at us, looking back and forth. When he calmed down he said it explained a lot because at times we would (obviously) look different or not remember something he had told us just a few days before (when he had really told the other Ariel).

I want to post a picture as soon as possible but I don’t want to be one of those crazy girls that takes pictures of people they don’t know very well... so I’m going to have to wait until I’m better friends with her. Sigh... I’m sure Ariel’s the best, coolest, most brilliant friend ever... oh Ariel!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XO,
Evie (from Hittisau, Austria)

Audrey T said...

"I’m sure Ariel’s the best, coolest, most brilliant friend ever..."

Well, we sure think so!

And I didn't know about why your parents named you Ariel - crazy parents!

care said...

I'm with Audrey on this one. " “Oh, Ariel, you’re too cute – you’re the absolute best!” " is quite the accurate statement! :)

Katie said...

You are too funny! I can't wait till you will be living closer!!