While they were here we hiked Tantalus, a mountain with guava and avocado trees, bamboo forests where wild pigs live, and a spectacular view that overlooks Honolulu. It's one of my favorite hikes because, if push came to shove, I could potentially eat all of the guavas, avocados, and pigs I could ever want while on the trail.




We also went on a sunset mai tai cruise that ended with a fireworks display over the Pacific.

Of course the real fireworks were on the boat:

I wish Kristen and Chris could have stayed even longer. I'm so sad that they may have been our last guests!

Kristen had an early flight on Saturday, but Chris didn't have to leave until that night to go back to work in Canada. So after we dropped Kristen off at the airport, we took Chris to our new drinking/running club. The Hash House Harriers began in Kuala Lumpur in the 1930's based on the British game of hares and hounds. The 'hares' set a trail through the woods with chalk and flour marks; then the 'harriers' have to track down the trail. The hares usually create false trails and misdirection, but they also plant hidden stashes of cold beer in the woods for hashers to find. It's really fun.
Although we usually run around the woods, this past weekend we had a special Mother's Day mu'umu'u hash. About sixty of us ran from bar to bar through the streets of Honolulu wearing mu'umu'us to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. Who knew Chris and Chris could look so pretty?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMS!!! WE LOVE YOU!
3 comments:
Oh, my ! What an adorable mu'umu'u photo!
Love to you both,
Evie/Mom
How fun!! Sigh...I wish that we could come visit you again before you move!!
Hey Bro! I think you need another mu'umu'u perhaps in purple!
Post a Comment