This past Saturday was the Academy of Art’s ARTafterDARK fundraiser soiree for their Art To Go Program. The theme was Circo di Notte: Italian circus meets Berlin cabaret. I helped my friend Carrie hang paintings for the silent auction on Friday, and Saturday night I volunteered to help greet people at the door. I loved meeting everyone as they came in; the event was co-sponsored by Prada so there were masses of beautiful people wearing gorgeous designer gowns and tuxedos with elaborate hats and masks... and by the time I went inside I had already met so many new friends! I also met Richard Chamberlain (although I didn’t know who he was at the time) and “Jin” from Lost (that makes four cast members I’ve seen on the island so far). The ARTafterDARK team did such an amazing job. The Academy’s courtyards became bars and lounges swathed in animal prints and velvet. Costumed artists mingled with the guests: jugglers on stilts, Candy Bar girls selling chocolates (some of which had golden Prada discounts inside), even an aerialist acrobat in a tree.
...and I loved loved loved the dress I wore! Thanks, mom, for sending it to me! Here are a few of Carrie’s pictures - she drew the monkey in the background and is married to Dan, the other monkey in the picture. I wish Chris could have come, but Carrie and Dan are such wonderful friends they didn't seem to mind me being a third wheel all night.


4 comments:
oh, ariel, you look so pretty! and I LOVE the dress! what a fun event to get to attend!
How wonderful to get to be surrounded by art for an entire evening!
Ariel, you look so beautiful! Looks like so much fun! Too bad that Chris was stuck in the hospital and couldn't enjoy with you.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment