Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Ben and Katie came to visit us this past week!


Chris and I LOVE Ben and Katie, but we wanted to make sure that they loved us... so we devised a series of trials to test their friendship. The first night we made them sleep downstairs, where the sides are open to the heavy rain. Whenever it rains the mosquitoes also swarm, and when we came down in the morning it looked like they had chicken pox.


The second night we bought them a mosquito net. Unfortunately, Paddy sabotaged it by eating a hole in it.


Despite all of this, they still claimed to be having a good time. So we let them sleep upstairs and decided to test them instead with feats of strength. Our first test was the pillbox trail.




Bruised but not broken, we tried to break their spirit once and for all with a hike up Olomana. Turns out Wards are tenacious!






Their last night in town Katie and Ben got us back by treating us to an open-bar sunset Mai Tai cruise. With my weakness for fruity drinks and Chris' weakness for open-bar sunset Mai Tai cruises, the night truly challenged our balance and mental capacity.









For further details and more accurate information, please see:
katieandbeninboston.blogspot.com

WE MISS YOU BEN AND KATIE! COME BACK SOON, OR WE WILL HAVE TO TRACK YOU DOWN IN BOSTON!

2 comments:

care said...

you are the silliest--EVER! love the red dots on ben and katie, and the pictures and WOW that sunset! and the one of you two laughing? ADORABLE!!!

I miss you.

and if they had two pink flashlights, I'd be sending you one, for sure!

Audrey T said...

I wish we could have been there too! Thank you for the druken-dial message and the postcard. Ryan and I will both be home through Wednesday. Hopefully we can all talk soon. Love, Audrey (and Ryan and Sam and Lucy and Desi too)